Friday, May 8, 2009

more from sha-stimuli...

IS IT ME? PART 13
As much as this hurts me inside I have come to grips with the
fact that I do not look scary at all to strangers. I can have my
earphones in bopping to my music with the meanest of faces
on a dark New York street and some elderly Caucasian lady
will tap me on the shoulder and ask me for directions without
hesitation. I want to say “Don’t I look frightening? Why aren’t
you concerned that I’ll rob you Miss?”

But I never get it out, and this happens quite often to me. I have
been in the middle of conversations, or on the phone on the street
and some person that I know I could easily take down and steal
all their valuables just trusts in me to lead them on their path the
right way. My hoodie and attitude mean nothing to people and that
sucks.


I guess that’s why this retarded kid in the park the other day
decided he would throw his football at me and it would be cool to
initiate an impromptu game of catch with someone he’s never met
in his life. This kid had to be about 8 yrs old, his mother was either
watching from a distance or sent him over while she hid.

Anyway, here I was 4 minutes into it back and forth looking for an
out when it dawned on me that catch is just that…catch. You throw
and you catch, that’s it! There isn’t a score, no winner and no clock;
the game of catch isn’t a game at all. It has no end and I had no
way of finishing this torture other than running away from this
excited youngster who might’ve been alone in a park. Then I started
thinking maybe this was a prank and I was being filmed, or maybe
this was a test from God to see how patient I am or there could be
some beautiful, model Mom that wanted to know if I was a good
stepfather candidate and this was how she felt out potential partners.


read sha's original article here
1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i think drey is the awesomest & i'd like to say: